Thursday

Week Ten, Part 1 - Notre Dame Haters

Fall break ends too soon and it’s back to class on Monday. I walk in from the parking lot with Dan Gag, a fellow Minnesotan. The air is cold and a north wind whips around us.

“Damn, it feels good to be sober,” he says.

During break, Dan stayed in the Twin Cities and hung out with Hamline friends, now 1L’s at the U of M. He asks what kept me busy.

“Reviewing questions from the mock mid-term.”

Dan laughs. “That’s as believable as the O.J. verdict.”

We talk football as we hurry past DeBartolo Hall toward Notre Dame Law School. After a win over Southern Cal, the Irish have jumped to number 12 in the AP poll.

Dan says he watched the game at a sports bar in Minneapolis. “Almost got myself punched.”

“How’s that?”

“Well, when USC fumbled, I yelled at some dipstick: ‘Hey, asshole, God’s on our side!’”

“Then you probably deserved it.” I shake my head.

“There’s a lot of Nordame haters out there,” Dan says.

I laugh. “Used to be one myself. Then I got accepted.”

* * *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home