Friday

Week Seven, Part 4 - Survival of the Fittest

I sit and study all day. No Observer. No email. No journal entries. By 4:00 p.m., my back aches and butt hurts. I stand and stretch.

In my folder is an Arthritis Foundation booklet that I’ve picked up for Terri at Notre Dame’s Health Services. It states: “The human body is the product of millions of years of evolution, but for a very long time this development has been at a standstill. Children born today are the same and have the same physical equipment as did our pre-historic ancestors.”

Hmmm. I think about the lecture by Philip Johnson two weeks ago. Then comes my eureka moment. If Darwin were right, succeeding generations of law students would have total recall, unbreakable concentration, and rear ends the size of beanbag chairs.

* * *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home